Friday, February 11, 2005

Da Nian Chu Yi - Big Year Day One

Chu Yi (Day One) - The same faces that I haven't seen in a year, most of them anyway. The day started really late at 2pm, lunch at my papa's 2nd sister, we call her gu ma. Her killa curry always kicks serious butt.

After doing nothing, something lah but nothing much really, for 2 hours we headed to my mummy's eldest uncle's place (which coincidentally is right next to Theodora and Vanessa's block)

Shook the most hands I will ever shake in sucha short span of time for the whole of this year, unless I usher in Church.

Dinner was the same, same food every year, but it's good food! Lotsa ang baos with very little money and a little new year goodies, looking at every cute toddler (one even shares the same birthday as me!) Did nothing somemore and went to Vanessa's place to bai nian! Sat for a while, watch the girl eat her homemade soba and we headed out to town to meet...

Joey, Maisie, Jeanie Johann, Joel, Ricky, Shaun, Lester, Lester's cousin, Meiqi, Ben, Serene, and Serene's sister (dunno her name both Joey and Maisie's cousins)! Did I miss anyone out?

The initial plan was to watch a movie, but we adjourned to Starbucks after finding out that Olio was closed and Coffee Bean was packed. I enjoyed walking the length of Borders a coupla times!

Upon reaching Starbucks we arranged the furniture to fit our big group and managed to chase some patrons out too! Got some drinks and started playing stupid teediditeeteedidi game with our fingers! Alas I emerged the winner, something I don't do a lot, winning.

We had fun and Ricky drove some of us home! Woop! I must get a license!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home