Thursday, February 10, 2005

Same Thang Every Year

We go through the motions year in year out, and as the years pass right, it seems to me that the atmosphere is getting less and less festive.

Will we be struggling to keep the traditions alive when the older generations pass on? Will we even try to meet up, have reunion dinner, say prosperous greetings in deep four-worded Chinese proverbs, visit with two mandarin oranges in hand, bake new year goodies, toss yu sheng and give out ang baos?

Some of these traditions have already been lost, I didn't toss yu sheng, I've never baked new year goodies (I'd love to learn!) and say prosperous greetings. I go visiting much less now, maybe because I've grown up and I don't tag along with my folks so much nowadays.

But I still love 'em, though we don't look at things eye to eye, and I wonder if they know that I love them!



My dress sense sucks, I tried to do something funky but it didn't work out...

But as long as I am the handsom-est to one (or a few), that'd be good enough!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't nice, but it was funky! :) The outer shirt is seh la, it just doesn't go w the inner one. BUT WHAT MATTERS IS THE PERSON WEARING IT. N u look good! ALL THE TIME! It's that toothy grin la, u know. :)
*all right, pay me that 50bucks as promised ok...*

heh. :)
jeanie

1:15 AM  
Blogger :)X said...

Ya, ur dress-sense sucked! How can u wear a similar coloured t-shirt inside your shirt? It's recommended that the inside should be lighter colour than the outer one. My dress-sense also sucked lah anyway, so don't believe me!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahahhahaha... jenn, i was gonna say "pot calling kettle black" until i read the later part of your post. liang, you must improve, you have such fashionable friends like jeremy and jared and joey... surely you can fare better... but now that you have a gf... screw it, it matters no more. LOL... =)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home