Thursday, March 31, 2005

Agape

Agape is the greek word for "love" when the Bible exhorts believers to exercise. See 1 Cor 13 among many other chapters..

:edit:
I used to think that this love that was the way God loves us and couldn't be achieved by us, but the word that Paul uses in Col 1:4 (love which you have for all the saints) for the word 'love' is actually Agape, meaning we are capable of doing it!

Though never in the perfect sense of the word, we are to strive and will ourselves to agape each other!

What Liang?! You mean you didn't know?! Well not really, I didn't but now I know! Better late than never, isn't it? .)
:edit:

I like what Cecilia Perh (Precept Bible Study) said about Agape.. Agape is not a love of feelings, it is a love of the will. I like! I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home