Saturday, March 05, 2005

Have We No Urgency?

Yesterday's Prayer & Power was okay... Okay only. This dude, Vincent (Liao I think, he's the general superintendant of the A/G Churches in Malaysia) preached about faith. I felt there wasn't enough grounding, I darnoe, he's like a typical pentecostal preacher, full of fire and emotion, perhaps lacking in grounding, in the Word.

But hey, don't take my word for it, go listen to him preach tonight (Sat Evening) and tomorrow's morning services!

He also touched sensitive areas about claiming things in faith, but was cautious to say that when you are claiming healing, you have to be very sure what God is speaking to you.

This faith thing is treading on very soft sensitive quicksand, stand still and undermine what faith can do and you'll sink, but try too hard to make so much of faith, so much so that it is deviant of what the Bible says it is (like some Word Faith preachers teach), then we'll sink as well!

O God! We need discernment, our leaders need discernment! We need to get back to the Word!

The prayer meeting was okay for me because I was there prepared to pray and then there was a preacher who preached till past nine! Come on! It's a prayer meeting, no prayer no power! Gggghhh..

I'm also slightly irked by people who can't seem to get it right, it's prayer and power, not power and prayer, not power and praise or whatever combination of christian jargon alliteration!

No prayer no power! Ok now I've gotten it out, I can relax. .) Sorry hah. Why am I apologising, it's my blog! .P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home