Monday, March 21, 2005

Like & Love

This was a comment on my friend's blog, and since I haven't update for a looong time, I thought I'd just put up my two cents! Enjoy..

How do you define being in love? Is even a little hint of being in like, being in love? Don't try to define it, embrace it!

C S Lewis said ...

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal..."

I know how sometimes we're so jaded and we feel we can never love again, like never. but i believe we were made with a lot of capacity for forgiveness and for love. You see God cannot ask us to do something (love & forgive the way He does) that he requires of us if He didn't made us capable of doing it. (Or providing us some means to do it) Surely, we were made to love and be loved!

But then Man (Man as in Mankind) is insufficient, imperfect and fallible, and whenever Man can mess up, he will! You can almost count on it.
So we were made to love, man no doubt but also God (I believe) that's why we were made immortal beings, our Spirit lasts even after our bodies pass. Reminds me of a song by the band PLUMB, God-shaped Hole! .)

And yOu, yeS yoU, if yoU're reading thiS... i loooove yoU! .D

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah Ng said...

Hah, now that I read my post again, I don't really know what I was talking about but I'm glad you understood something new.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! update!

yea, we all get jaded after a while. I think it takes courage to recognise the fact that if you don't want to risk getting hurt, you're actually already hurting yourself.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah Ng said...

heLLo dorCas!

that's one way to look at it!

11:36 AM  
Blogger :)X said...

"God cannot ask us to do something that he requires of us if He didn't made us capable of doing it."

Wah! I like the way u put it! It's a great point u've made man! I really like it and I'll even quote it!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home