Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Who'd Have Thought

I got home on Sunday midnight and was surprised that the lights in my house were all on, and then my father told me, "Our house has been broken into".

Turns out that the thief smashed my fibreglass windows and jacked my grilles out! Spent a good long time in my parents' room and stole a lotta stuff, including some old dollar notes which my late granny left us!

The point of the post is this, that if this can happen to me then it can happen to anyone. Thing is unless you have someone at home all the time you should up your security at home, if not some thief is waiting to strike. I live on a level with only 2 units of flats so if the neighbour is out then no one will be there!

Worse thing is that house breaking has occurred on several occasions in my block but there hasn't been any warning to any of the residents! But my father also said that we won't be doing much even if there was much warning, but really it can happen to anyone!

So be vigiliant!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, sorry to hear about that bro... thankfully your family is safe though.

i'm locking my room door tonight. =\

1:00 AM  
Blogger :)X said...

Such experience always make us more vigilant. It reminded me of that time when my whole bag was stolen. Though cannot be compared to ur house, I know the feeling; the anguish and sadness of losing precious things. For me, my precious back then were my Living Sacrifice CD. What a no life I was!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry that happened to you. :)

I can somewhat empathise too. Going back to a car with a smashed window, I almost felt molested. uh u know what I mean.

and hey, there are things thiefs can't steal and you've got them! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah Ng said...

so true dorcas!

1:03 PM  
Blogger matt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:54 PM  
Blogger matt said...

Yes i'm shocked to hear that too. Hope that your family is fine. Yeah this is a very strong reminder to be vigilant. This must more imporantly keep us more vigilant spitually. To check ourselves if our treasures are in heaven, in other words, our focus.

(Not meaning to rub at anything)

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matthew 6:20)

Its ok and its only natural to feel "heart pain" if when anyone looses anything. This is because we will be momentally stunned at the loss of HIS precious.

But if we are going through prolonged "heart pain"(which is outwardly protrayed as anger/hate) Then we should really check ourselves to see where is and should be our treasures. More importantlly our focus.

Knowing this will keep Satan at bay.

=)

10:57 PM  
Blogger matt said...

i mean "OUR precious" sorry for the typo. Anyways nothing is ours. All are God given in his grace.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home