Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Favour!

For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD,You surround him with favor as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

Say it with me brothers and sisters! Favour!

You see just yesterday I was worried about whether I was gonna get my half day leave for the evangelistic gig that's happening on Thursday afternoon. I was worried because I had just come back from Malaysia after 5 days' leave from work.

And lo! I couldn't smell my leave because everyone in my office was edgy and somethings had to be settled and leave was definitely at the bottom of the list of priorities, leave for a Private soldier mind you. Nothing, zilch, I am the lowest ranking thing in the army. (But I'm the Son of the Most High!)

Ok anyway, I was worried right so I mobilised the evangelistic gig band and committee to pray for me with regards to my leave and I told myself with faith that God is in control of the situation and I had this strange peace with me.

Today I came into work and my small boss said yes to me going on half day leave, so yay! That's all right? NO!

I went for lunch and one officer whom I'm working with offered me off to go and do stuff for him! So no need to take leave and use up my leave! I only got 7 days left and I have Youth Camp at the end of the year man.

So instead of half a day leave at my leave's expense I have a "fully paid for (by God)" off! Isn't He amazing? He is the God of big and small things! I feel God is building up my faith and trust in Him in the small things first, Hallelujah to the Lord who who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine! (Eph. 3:20)

Over and above what I can ask for! GLORY TO GOD!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for His blessings. He worked through my day too. :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger matt said...

"I am the lowest ranking thing in the army. (But I'm the Son of the Most High!)" hahs AMEN!

i hope i can go for the gig too man.

1:42 AM  
Blogger jt said...

i'll say it with you. Favour. Bro, favour.

12:30 PM  
Blogger jt said...

just another thought, as i was leaving this tag, there were some options below:

Choose an identity:
jt
other
Anonymous

I realise, that you, chose your identity! Son of the Most High! Amen! Remind me too, as we grow along...

12:32 PM  
Blogger van said...

Amen to that!!! =)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ragebands.blogspot.com

2:09 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Praise God! God really do grant favour to the righteous! Thank God with all humility.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Indeed God favour surrounds us =)

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home