Friday, June 24, 2005

My Thoughts on the Retreat

Since everyone is talking about their own retreat experiences, I'll jump into the bandwagon and post some thoughts & ramblings too!

- Greatly encouraged to see many youths, in particular Jon Ng and Joey being ministered to by God in His special ways, I know God has touched their lives and now for the renewal of their minds! Pray that God will keep the desire in our hearts for Him to grow more & more!

I don't know Jon well but this guy has a strong mind and I believe the Lord can use him mightily if he'll just allow God to!

The Lord will be able to use all of us if we'll only allow Him to! And Joey, my dear brother, I'm glad you're back on track, like you said to me after the youth camp, keep the burning embers as they should be, burning!

- Learned to work in a camp committee, it's my first time working in an event as in running the show and all that, but these people are the best! I love this comm, very helpful all of them! I felt inadequate but that's my problem and I'll still have youth camp to prove myself wrong! Here's a big thank you to the committee! Thaaaannkk yoooou!

- God's strength is made perfect in my weaknesses! You see for most of the first few days I was relying on my own strength, going about each day on my own batteries... but I was out of energy by the end of the 2nd last day and finally brokedown in the afternoon and from there I relied on God all the way...

After getting myself together I was ready to ask that my following tasks be removed from me so I could rest, but nope, God had other plans and I got to help Kun Jie with his spiritual direction and I got to know him better and who knows I might get to know him even better and maybe I'll get my first mentee, O I dunno...

Big thank you to my darling girlfriend, SharSharon! Who prayed for me and comforted me when I broke down and getting my brothers Jenn and Joey in to be with me also! Thank you for holding my hand for enouraging me with your words and hugs and other wonderful wonderful actions of affirmation! Thank you love! I love and treasure you!

Thank you brother Jenn for just being around you're a petra! Here when I need support thank you bro for encouragement and prayers and hugs too! More about you later ok? Haha..

And Joey you are so dear to me, I pray that familiarity with you will not breed contempt but more love! We'll shock the world by creating more "scenes", I love you bro! Thank you for affirming me and encouraging once again with prayer, prayer rocks! May God expand your ministry and just use you to speak to the unbelievers in your soccer team!

I then went in faith to play for the prophetic act which was really worship led by the people, Kendice, Joel, Jenn & I prepped about 4 songs and the congregation just took it away after 2 songs! You know I was so glad someone started singing and dreaded it when the song finished, I was worried about what song was next and if I'd be able to play it by ear and all that but I realised I worried for nothing! We went through with the prophetic act without much hiccups but those were but technicalities! What matters the most was that many people were ministered to!

The agenda for that night was clear, God's Spirit moved so mightily not in a hype sorta way, he convicted many hearts that night that we needed to evangelise to everyone! Our families, our friends, the world!

PRAY FOR THE SOCCER TEAM!

- So glad that many young adults are discerning what is being preached from the pulpit, it is my vision that everyone in the church will know the word that departs from the Lord's lips! We must know His word! How powerful it'll be if the pentecoastal church will be grounded to God's word and combine it with the passion and our openess to God's Spirit, there must be a balance of Spirit and Truth, it's not 50% Spirit and 50% Truth, it's 100% Spirit and 100% Truth! Imagine what the church could do!

Yet one thing I am guilty of was that I was too close minded and pride crept into my being so much so that I judge a speaker in my heart, so we must be open to the Spirit yet test all things at the same time, I'm still trying to find a balance. I can't seem to finish this blog post so I'll just post it right now...

4 Comments:

Blogger :)X said...

Love u too, bro. U are dem one kind!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro!! havent seen u in a while, and its really great that u are sooooooo on fire for Him! anywayz, let's meet one evening or smth. i'm flying next sunday.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Ng said...

jenn : simi dem one kind...

chee : u flying away for how long?

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feels good reading your retreat recount.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home