Monday, June 27, 2005

Trust God?

A 4-year-old boy walks along a bumpy road suddenly trips and falls, he starts bawling, like any child who's fallen down would do. The next thing you see is his daddy in his steadfast footsteps moving to his child, to pick him up from the fall.


You know, I have no idea why I just wrote that analogy. I'm quite grossed out by it because it doesn't speak anything about what I wanna blog about, that is trusting in God. Or does it?

I'm thinking, I'm like that child going my own way, doing my own thing and God allows me to do what I want because He loves me and values my freewill.

Yet He is always within a cry away even when you are rebellious, always in step behind you ready to receive you whenever you realise that you need Him. How wonderful His love for us! How undeserving we are! How marvelous His grace!

(How I wish that all my loved ones could realise that we need God so much and embrace Him)

Ah, but I digress... You see God allows us to fall, allows us to go through pains so we realise what's good for us, I'm no expert in that area you see, I am only 20-years-old! But the Word of God says in Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

If we decide to trust in ourselves we'll not be travelling through straight paths, taking detours and winding roads perhaps never to reach our destination/destiny.

Right now I'm in this stage where I fear the unknown so much! Yet in a conversation with Sharon earlier I was reminded that God is not even the unknown, He is way above that, He created time, He knows the future and yet this God that is so Awesome in His Power chose to have a relationship with me.

He sent His only Son to die for me!

Imagine that You are transformed into a snail to and then burnt with salt to die for the sins of the snails of the world!

Yet that analogy in itself is does not convey the humility of Jesus' ministry and atonement! because God's Highness could never be compared to anyone else's superiority over anything, much less compared to Man!

God is so wonderful, you know?

And just because the Word of God says that I should trust in Him then I will, in my darnest, so help me God! In my most rotten situations I must trust Him, why? Because the Word of God says so!

Don't allow my heart to be hardened LORD! I wanna learn to lean on You..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home