Monday, July 18, 2005

Baybeats Again

This year's Baybeats' chief difference from the past years festival is that I was there with my darling girlfriend, Sharon! Thank you for going with me and join me with my nonsense and singalongs!

You see if you go to the February Archives of this blog, you will realise that the songs I sang to Sharon were performed at the festivals and singing the songs into her ear were just.. mmmm.. so nice!

Anyhow this year's headlining artistes were super, especially Brandtson and Copeland!

Now that I know Brandtson's songs, it was better than the first time I saw them in '02, I get to sing a long and they did a mean cover of JT's Cry Me A River!

Copeland, well Copeland was just sooopa! I was blown away by the vocalist and their tightness, foooowahh! Singing along with Daniel was really fun!

But after the display of human greatness of sight and sound, I wonder what has been achieved and I hope that interpersonal bridges have been built and strengthened, and the Christian bands that played, I pray that they've touched lives with their songs!

It's sad how something the scale of Baybeats gets so much funding from secular organisations like Volkswagen and Esplanade, that patrons don't have to pay!

But at Sonic Fest the tickets are 20++! I really don't know how it's gonna work as an evangelistic tool, what's the problem? Is the church not unified in agreement how it should reach out to this generation? What is the BEST way? Evangelistic gigs? Or a BIG praise and worship session at indoor stadium? What's the point of FOP ah? Too much money right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yar lar! so expensive lor.. but i'll be getting in free!!! lala

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home