Thursday, July 21, 2005

Work that pleases the Lord

Colossians 3:22-24
22 Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.
23 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,
24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

What a challenge it is to work heartily and to do it as for the Lord! I don't know how that works, because I am obviously doing the work for man, but if the Bible tells me that I am doing it for God, then I am!

I grumble that I get paid so little, then I'm reminded that at least I am paid! The slaves of Paul's time had little or no money and freedom at all with their whole life sold to slavery!

O Father, forgive me for my complains and grumbling! Help me do work as for you, my Lord!

Philippians 2:14-15
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

In the NIV it says so what we may shine as stars! By our work attitude the world will know that we are children of God in the midst of this age of hypocrisy!

We must of course do it with sincerity of heart as said in Colossians 3:22! I hope you'll do your work heartily! I hope that I will too! Pray for me, I'll be praying for you!

2 Comments:

Blogger jt said...

bro, u guys sounded good today...i like the songs quite alot :) will be praying for u on sat, as well as for recluse!

12:35 AM  
Blogger redordead said...

missya liang..

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home