Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Love God = Obey God

Bible study yesterday was great! The Word of God was spoken and taught. God Himself has spoken to me through His word.

Benita blogged about this verse and I too will blog this verse:

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. -Jesus speaking in John 14:15

Wow.

If someone says that He loves the Lord then He must obey the Lord, one who does not obey the Lord does not love Him. Is it this simple? I think so.

I read it again today, in verses 21 and 23, the same words are repeated again. Do you see how serious obeying the Lord is? I was reminded yesterday and realised today the importance of it. If Jesus says it three times in a chapter, it MUST be very important.

1 Comments:

Blogger sloshblob said...

i am a bible baby. i am not skilled to understand the wisdom of Cecilia Perh. but baby that i am, i still want to grow in the word (except sometimes i think i'm crawling too slowly). BS is tough stuff, my regret at that. but nonetheless i'm glad you're blessed by it, and thanks for blessing us babies by sharing her lesson in layman English.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home