Saturday, May 27, 2006

God Of The Smaller Things; He Heals

The following account is a personal experience and should not govern anyone else's faith.

I woke up at 3:30am not being able to go back to sleep since 2:30am, and decided to game a little. After about 2 hours of gaming I tried to go back to sleep.

I have been sick for the past 2 days and although it's just fever, the feeling of being ill is dreadful. And no matter how small the suffering it helps me appreciate firstly, Jesus' suffering in our place and those who are much sicker than I am. (Can't imagine dying from cancer and stuff)

Anyway as I was going to sleep nagging pain started to hit my leg, the viral attack sorta pain if you know what I'm talking about. I couldn't sleep and I started to fidget and roll about on bed and then I heard in my heart, "Peace, child"

Then I wondered if that was me talking to myself or if it was really God, I heard it repeated a number of times and then I felt a small jolt in my leg and the pain was gone. I couldn't believe it, it was as if God confirmed that it was Him speaking to me.

I stopped moving, waiting for the pain to return, it didn't return and I fell asleep.

I woke up at 7:00am and a bird was singing outside my window and again I couldn't go back to sleep, I looked out my window and saw the beauty of God's Glory:

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
-Psalm 19:1b

So I sat up grabbed my guitar and crooned in my sore-throat-ish voice "Your Love O Lord" by Third Day. (dunno if it's the correct title)

I actually felt hungry! And I had breakfast and here I am sitting before my computer to blog about God's goodness.

Right as I was sitting down to blog, the pain returned and I closed the blogging window. I went to read Matthew Henry's commentary on Ezekiel and guess what I saw him quote:

“Remember, O my soul! and never forget what communications of divine love thou didst receive at such a time, at such a place; tell others what God did for thee.”

So, I can't not testify about God's goodness upon my life. Glory to God!



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yEa! gloRy to God in thE hiGheSt! :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger rachoo said...

AMEN to that liang! :)
How amazing is His everlasting love and goodness.and this is but for you to proclaim! smiles.
He is far BIGGER than we imagine and He cares for YOU. :)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god is good and worthy to be praised...i hope he can help heal my big painful pimple too! haha....okok....praise the lord...

6:35 PM  
Blogger van said...

Yes. Praise God. (:
But not only during the good times. The bad times too. 'cause God is really good all the time and we ought not to take that for granted. (:

I miss you Liang. Get well soon. *hugs*

8:36 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Bro,

Remember u told me that someone told u to "test all things". If it's quoted from Scripture, it's from 1 John 4:1. In context it was a warning against false teachers.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home